Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Weekend away and a world to pay.

This weekend I caught a train north in search of Currywurst and Emma. Both were found, one was eaten.

When I finally got to Berlin we headed straight to a lake Em wanted to check out. Partly coz it was hot but mostly because her uncle owns a boat. Luckily for Giorgia's #1 rule of water - Boats only increase your risk of drowning: Avoid them. - it wasn't windy enough to sail and we had to settle for swimming in the shallow depths of a lake populated by children....the water was rather warm - eww. 

However, the was no swimming before this delightful conversation could be had:

Emma: Hey, what's FKK in english?
Me: You mean like nudists? 
Emma: Yeah exactly
Me: Umm why are you asking?
Emma: Hmm well it's just that we seem to have gone to the wrong lake....


Yup, you read it right. We had accidentally (or so Emma says....) stumbled on to a nudist retreat. There were large, old and hairy men alike but do you think we found one attractive person in the whole place? No; Not that we were looking...

Luckily the whole trip just kept getting better, from getting kicked out of a bar for climbing through a window (we wanted to get to the outdoor seats before someone else took them - Unfortunately they thought we were doing a runner and yelled at us in broken...whatever language that was) to trying (and failing) to persuade one of the many Aussies we ran into that I really am Australian ("but....you don't sound Aussie?")

The highlight of course was Berghain, a club I had never heard of for which I stood in a queue for 1.5 hours (and that was after we cut in towards the front). Em was DESPERATE to get into this place and the closer to the door we got, the more she wanted to maul the bouncers for being so randomly picky. They would refuse girls in gucci but allow guys in thongs and wife-beaters in and then refuse the next group dressed in the same way...random.

Now I'd been up since 6:30am by this point and wasn't really in the mood to club. Luckily for me we got in, I danced a bit and then had naptime on the couch. I also seem to have picked up two guys from the Netherlands at some point, which was lucky coz when we finally left the club at 8am I was in need of Dunkin' Donuts...and thanks to them I had a 12er box to choose from....I think I chose and ate like 8 of them.

Then I had to stay awake till 2pm. Em wanted to go to a flea market and I knew if I fell asleep I'd never get up again. So I got home, zombied my way around, bought some seriously random stuff at the market and barely avoided passing out on the train home. By the 32 hours of consciousness mark I was set to kill - if I'd had the energy that is. Luckily for everyone it was enough effort for me just to keep my eyes open and I fell asleep the second I got to the weird new-age/Tibetan hippy style house I was staying at. 

Next time I guess....

Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment